I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Christmas in July Swap

web image
I am hanging my head in shame..... I keep meaning to show you the most gorgeous exchange gift I received from Shelly... but I have been so tardy at posting lately (as you may have noticed!!) and I am only now getting around to doing it!!

So.... for those that might not know Kaye (Kitten Stitching) organised a Christmas in July swap - I joined because I can't resist Christmas and who doesn't want to celebrate it twice a year! 😄  Kaye sent us a list of who was sending to whom and away we went to stitch and send....

I sent to Astrid (Dragon Stitches & Stuff) - but more on that later!  I received from Shelley (An Arizona Stitcher)... and look what I received (it's gorgeous!)

So first up... it came wrapped in pretty Christmas fabric and tied up with string - love it!
Then when I unwrapped the fabric this is what I uncovered...


and then after unwrapping the next round of wrapping, I found the most gorgeous stitched gift...


and isn't that ornie so cute as well.... Shelly, thank you so much - I love my kitty - he is just the sweetest thing and is going to be taking pride of place at Christmas time!  And those caramels were yummy!!

So now that you have drooled over the gorgeous kitty I received in my swap... I will quickly show you what I sent to Astrid.


The snowman & penguin card was from Cross Stitch Crazy and the Christmas Bells are a Mary Engelbreit kit that I received in a giveaway pack many years ago (2013) from Anne (Doll's Musings)... my post of the giveaway win is here.  Finally managed to stitch it for this exchange, and I hope that Astrid loves it...  I also made a little scissor fob and added some little extras, some of which aren't in this picture... 😊

So that's it guys! Sorry it's been so long between posts... time is not my friend anymore!


Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs x

5 comments:

  1. Love the exchange gifts there and back, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exchange! Shelly's make is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked what I sent. I enjoyed stitching the kitty so much that I'll be making one for self! Astrid received such a colorful and cute gift. This exchange was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're hanging your head, I am too, I still need to show mine!
    You received a lovely package from Shelly, the kitty is adorable. Of course I love what you sent me, I was truly spoiled! I'll be posting about it... today?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)