I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April 2017 WIPocalypse Update

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
WIPocalypse is run by Melissa over at Measi's Musings and is now in it's 6th year (amazing!).  The object of the WIPocalypse is to stitch on projects that you want to complete before the end of the world! 

At the beginning of January I picked out 17 WIPocalypse projects to work on in 2017.  The full list of my 17 projects can be found on my WIPocalypse 2017 page.

So what did I manage to work on during April? Well.... surprise, surprise... I have a finish... happy dances all round!!! ;o)

Christmas Eve Courier: Prancer (Nora Corbett)
Fabric: 32ct Opal Belfast Linen "Arabian Nights" - Spice & Spice
Threads: DMC, Caron Waterlillies, Kreinik
Started: 3rd January 2015
Finished:23rd April 2017

The last time that I showed "Prancer" on my blog was back in July 2016 when I had finished all the cross stitching & back stitching.  I did bead the border in August 2016 but it appears that I never did show you the progress at that point...


And now he is finished!

Don't you just love all that bling?  I am so pleased to get this one finished - now I just need to get back to Comet and then I can turn my attention to starting the other 7!

12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers)
I did manage to get some progress on my Plum Street Samplers "12 Days of Christmas - Day 4" during April but it is not quite finished so I will show that next month.

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
I showed an update on this one in my latest Smalls post so won't re-show it here!

Queen of Peace (Nora Corbett/Mirabilia)
Fabric: 32ct Opal Belfast Linen "Hole in the Sky" - Colour Cascade Fabric
Threads: DMC, Kreinik
Started: 8 May 2016

Last time you saw "Queen of Peace" was October 2016:


After some love earlier this month she now looks like this:


As you can see by this before and after picture I did do some stitching on her between October 2016 and April 2017 but again it would appear that I forgot to show it on my blog!

Zenia (Nora Corbett/Mirabilia)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Opal Linen "Beachwalk" - Under the Sea Fabrics
Threads: DMC, Kreinik
Started: 22 October 2016

Now I hang my head in shame because I have never shown you "Zenia" on my blog to date... I started her in October last year but as I missed posting for the last 3 months of the year you never saw her started. (sorry....)


This pic is a before and after my stitching session on "Zenia" at the beginning of the month.

Deer & Grapes Mystery Sampler (Jean Farish)
Fabric: 32ct Lugana "Autumn Glade" - Stitches and Spice
Threads: DMC 
Started: February 2015 / Restarted January 2017


Since I last showed this to you I have completed quite a bit.... I was doing 17 stitches a day but have now changed that to 20 stitches a day (sometimes it's more!)  At the end of April it now looks like this:
This is really coming along now.... I have left the gap where I need to put either my name or something else as I am not sure yet what wording I am going to put in that spot.

So that's it for the April's WIPocalypse project update!  Heaps to show this time around!  The last thing I need to do is answer this month's question...

What projects are in your UFO pile?
I try not to have UFO's.... I have WIPs that are resting..... :o)  I do have some very old WIPs in a box that I try not to think about too much.  I actually did a post back in March 2015 (link is here) showing these WIPs when I found in the box....

Nowadays I keep all my WIPs in one spot and try to get to them at least once a year!!!

So there you go.... a little bit of an update on my stitching throughout the month of April. Next month's check in is on Sunday 28th May 2017. If you want to see what everyone else has posted this month, drop into Measi's blog and check out the April link up page.



Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

17 comments:

  1. Well done on achieving so much last month, especially your blingy happy dance! I like your idea of having resting WIPs instead of UFOs and that you try to give them all attention during the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish Noni. I love those designs but don't think I could ever stitch one. Awesome progress on your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leonie! Wow such gorgeous finishes & progress there... I am just not a quick stitcher... I love Christmas Eve Courier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely finish Leonie. Good progress on the WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your cross stitches Noni..Catch up at the Craft Show...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your stitching and your projects x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work on everything and love, love the finish! The beads really make it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so many lovely projects! Prancer is so pretty, all those beads look amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that was a mainly Nora post! Prancer is wonderful, I do love these reindeer but I'd have to stitch all of them and that's a big committment! I feel more happier about committing to all the witches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love,love your finish.I really enjoyed seeing the progress on Prancer:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely things in this post, you have been busy. Prancer is a fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. che meravigliosi ricami! Usi del lino bellissimo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prancer looks fantastic, so sparkly! And I love Zenia, the martini glass is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Mira's and Prancer is a beautiful finish. Fab progress on Deer and grapes too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WIPS that are resting. That is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prancer is just gorgeous, Noni. Congratulations on finishing him. Lots of other lovely eye candy stitching, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)