|WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings|
At the beginning of January I picked out 17 WIPocalypse projects to work on in 2017 but I am going to make a slight change to my list.... (hope that is in the rules!)
1. Prancer (Nora Corbett) - started 3 Jan 2015
2. Comet (Nora Corbett) - started 5 Jan 2015
3. Queen Anne's Lace (Nora Corbett) - started 3 April 2016
4. Queen of Peace (Nora Corbett) - started 8 May 2016
5. Zenia (Nora Corbett) - started 22 Oct 2016
6. Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL (Jean Farish) - started February 2015
7. Jingles Flip-It Series (Lizzie Kate) - started 12 April 2014
8. Moutons de Saisons - été (Collection Tra La La) - started 9 Jan 2015
9. Faces of Joan Elliott SAL (Joan Elliott) - started Sept 2014
10. Snow Story (Lizzie Kate) - started 14 May 2016
11. Dog House Sampler (Little House Needleworks) - started 26 Sept 2016
12. 12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers) - started 25 Dec 2016
13. Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino) - started 1 Jan 2017
14. Mini Mandala II - C (Chatelaine) - started 1 Feb 2014
15. Fashionista Cat (Design Works Kit) - started 1 Jun 2015
16. Birdcage (Design Works Kit) - started 1 Feb 2015
17. Halloween Sneak Peek (The Trilogy) - started 7 Jan 2015
I have swapped "Dressmaker's Daughter" for an old mystery SAL project that I started back in February 2015.
So what did I manage to work on during January?
Faces of Joan Elliott SAL (Joan Elliott)
Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL (Jean Farish)
This is where this project was when I last stitched on it in February 2015! I have now pulled this out for a 17 A Day challenge on one of the FB groups that I am in (this is a different challenge to my 10 A Day!)
So after the weekend of doing 17 stitches each day this is where it is up to now:
17 stitches are day are going to add up really quickly!
I have also had 2 mini finishes for the month....
12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers)
First Day of Christmas is now complete!
Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Mini finish - the moon is done and the witch has been started!
So that's the update bit out of the way.... now onto the question of the month:
What Stitch-a-Longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?
Maybe the better question for me is what SAL aren't I doing?? :o)
So besides the monthly Christmas Ornie and Halloween Ornie blogs, Smalls SAL, WIPocalypse, and Gifted Gorgeousness SAL's I am also doing:
Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones - Fantasy SAL
Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - Happily Ever After SAL
Ingleside Imaginarium - Birthstone Dragons SAL
The Linen and Threads SAL is on my list to think about... it is a huge design.... maybe too big for me to tackle this year!
Stitch Maynia SALs (check out the FB group for the list.... there are few of them!)
Cross Stitch It's Fun (Froggin House / Stitchwats SALs / Weekly & Monthly Challenges)
10 A Day FB Group / 17 A Day Stitchin' Station FB Group....
...and the odd FB SAL that pops up in some of the other groups that I am in....
Most of the FB group SAL's are based around themes for the challenges so I am able to generally use existing stitching projects to fit into/shoe horn into these SAL's.
So that's it for January's WIPocalypse update! Next month's check in is on 26th February 2017.
Til then, happy stitching and good luck with your WIPocalypse projects!